Become one of us. Login
Boudin and gumbo Syd Kearney : 29-95
Has a Happy Hour
“ The Owner Lacks People Skills and is Insulting”
I started out with two pounds of crawfish and it took 25 minutes for delivery. As I was eating the crawfish I noticed that when I picked one up the tail was missing but
you know it happens sometimes when eating crawfish. Then I noticed it was happening frequently so I picked out all the ones (10-12 of them) without a tail and placed them on a plate next to the metal bowl for shells. When the waiter finally came over I pointed out that all the crawfish on the plate are the ones that did not have tails. He said no problem he would let the cook know for my next order. I stated that it was not a problem I was just pointing it out so please bring the check because I have an appointment.
A few minutes later a lady comes over and without introducing herself hands me my bill and says “ I counted the tails shells you ate and it matches the bodies!”. So I responded, yes I noticed as I was eating that a few did not have tails so I started picking out all the ones in the batch and set them on a plate. She then says “ I am the owner and I looked at the order myself before they brought them out” in a very rude, short tone. My wife then said in disbelief “Oh my God she just called you a liar!”. Ok I am a little slow, because being a business owner I would never think to say that to a customer. (She obviously was not given the ones without tails that I put on the plate BESIDE the bowl.) But for the OWNER to confront us at our table and insult us like we were trying to get over on her for 5 bucks and cause a scene in her own restaurant was insulting and embarrassing!
1. Shiner Draft - But you can get that anywhere
2. There is Pappadeaux nearby.
1. The owner lacks management/people skills and goes out of her way to insult customers.
2. You get what you pay for, watch out for those crawfish with no tail.
3. Crawfish is very oily and not seasoned well. I think the owner is also playing cook. That could explain the lack of quality in the food and management skills.
4. Corn and potatoes (if they happen to have it that day) have no seasoning so you can tell it is boiled separately. BTW you get one very small potato and one corn.
5. The other reviews speak for themselves.
Browse restaurantsSuggest a restaurant
About us / Privacy statement / Terms of service
© Copyright 2013 29-95