- Free Press Summer Fest schedule released
- Each day also has strong afternoon draws including Alabama Shakes, Cat Power, Baroness and Japandroids.
- Less is Paramore
- Paramore turns pain to gain on new record.
- Flying Lotus isn't winging it
- Music for the Lotus-eaters.
- Rihanna headlines big week
- Pride party, other big events in Houston.
/ 04/10/2013 - 2:43pm
- Jo Koy makes for a fun week
- Film fests, comedy shows and big concerts in town.
/ 04/03/2013 - 12:09pm
- Rod Picott's working-man blues
- He never said it would be easy.
- The slanted, enchanted world of Gurf Morlix
- Q and A with veteran songwriter.
- Elton John leads off big week
- Deftones, Hoodie Allen and Easter fun are also on tap.
- The film the Rolling Stones don't want you to see
- Documentary is an all-access pass to Mick Jagger and crew.
- A rare chance to see Roscoe Mitchell
- Check out this composing legend.
- Houston rapper Kirko Bangz makes XXL freshmen list
- See who else made the cut.
- Bun B explains how to deal with rejection in industry
- Bun's Beat offers some new tips for upstarts.
- UH's Frontier Fiesta has local flair
- Some famous names round out this week.
- Fun. returns for a bigger show
- [img_assist|nid=1170762|title=Fun. at Bayou Music Center in February.|desc=Todd Spoth/for the Chronicle|link=none|align=center|width=550|height=366]
Fun. sold out Bayou Music Center a month ago. Now, the pop trio is going bigger.
The band returns Oct. 6 to the Woodlands Pavilion with opening act Tegan & Sara. Tickets are $39.50 and on sale at 10 a.m. March 23 via the usual outlets, at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.
- Bad Religion rocks for all ages
- Veteran punk rockers wowed House of Blues.
- Big names, big events in Houston
- Alicia Keys, Maroon 5 are just some of the cool things going on.
- The Zombies come back to life
- Rock'n'roll legends from the 1960s coming to Houston.
- Recipe for Gulf Coast-style Shinyribs
- Kevin Russell talks spirit of Texas.
- The Revival Tour goes all acoustic on you again
- Chuck Ragan, Matt Pryor and others talk about the first songs they ever learned on guitar.
- Bun B tells you how to get the most out of your studio time
- Houston rap star offers tips.
- KTRU and KPFT have great reasons to get outside
- Enjoy the weather with a concert.
- A 'giant' week ahead in music
- Big names in rock, punk and arena rock coming to town.
- Vice debuts new Fat Tony track
- Listen to 'Hood Party.'
- Bun B's plans for 2013
- How does a hip-hop coloring book sound?
/ 03/06/2013 - 4:22pm
- Houston’s elder-statesman of punk pens the story of the Hates
- Get the scoop on Christian Kidd's book.