Old person retires from television show
ThereseO at 7:47 am on June 30, 2010
- LARRY KING HANGS UP HIS 300-YEAR-OLD SUSPENDERS: Get it? Because he's old? Really, really old? High five.
- OH HULU. I ALWAYS KNEW IT WOULD PROBABLY COME TO THIS: But was it so wrong that I hoped it wouldn't? Still... $9.99 a year is a pretty good deal for television archives. (What? $9.99 a month? Crickey.)
- FILE THIS UNDER "P" FOR "PERFECT CASTING": It fulfills the awesome requirement and the nerd quotient. Well done, Supernatural.
- I JUST HAPPEN TO KNOW A HOBBIT WHO MIGHT JUST BE LOOKING FOR SOME NEW TELEVISION WORK (NOW THAT FLASHFORWARD IS OVER AND DONE WITH.) That is, if Frodo wants to help a furry-footed brother out...
- THE PSYCH MAKEUP DEPARTMENT BETTER START STOCKING UP ON EYELINER: Har har har.
- So You Think You Can Dance: Listen. I wish we were recapping this. Here's the problem: FOX refuses to post any of the performances online, because they don't want to have to pay for the music rights. As a result, no recap. BOO. 7 p.m., FOX
- Top Chef: I'm still not sure why, exactly, they're in Washington D.C. (why not New Orleans? or San Francisco? or some other city, you know, known for its food?), but it's shaping up to be a fun season nevertheless. 8 p.m. Bravo
- America's Got Talent: More shenanigans from Chicago. I'd so rather be recapping So You Think You Can Dance. Trust. 8 p.m., NBC